Week 24 of The Master Key System.
It’s the end. After twenty-three weeks of study and exercises, after twenty-seven weeks of these Master Key Coaching Teleseminars, we come to an end.
That end is just the beginning, though.
The point is to use this knowledge and these methods to attain what you want from life.
You do that by thinking, by concentrating, by seeing the world as it truly is, by planning, and then by taking action.
You now know how to do all of those things. You know how to think. You know how to solve problems. You know how to see a plan in it entirety.
It’s up to you, now, to take action.
That’s when the alchemy begins.
The Letter of Transmittal
Week 24 is a very metaphysical lesson. It’s meant by Haanel to tie things together in a neat bundle. It’s meant to be a send-off of sorts. It’s meant to be the final word.
It’s all of those.
If you have practiced each of the exercises a few minutes every day, as suggested, you will have found that you can get out of life exactly what you wish by first putting into life that which you wish, and you will probably agree with the student who said: “The thought is almost overwhelming, so vast, so available, so definite, so reasonable, and so usable.”
“You can get out of life exactly what you wish by first putting into life that which you wish.”
Those are some powerful words.
As we now know, we have to “give to get.” We have to engage in life, grab the proverbial bull by the proverbial horns. We do that by thinking — truly thinking — and taking opportunities as we become aware of them.
An understanding of this principle, I believe, is the secret for which the ancient Alchemists vainly sought, because it explains how gold in the mind may be transmuted into gold in the heart and in the hand.
We all have something to offer. We’re all in possession of the “greatest treasure in the Universe.”
We only need to unlock it and allow it to grow.
When you do so, “you may reach degrees of power to which it is impossible to assign any limit.”
Go into the Silence
For every exercise, Haanel always instructed that we take our usual position and go into the Silence.
It’s the place where we “hear” our thoughts. It’s the place where problems are solved and ideas are hatched.
8. As all conditions are thought creations and therefore entirely mental, disease and lack are simply mental conditions in which the person fails to perceive the truth. As soon as the error is removed, the condition is removed.
9. The method for removing this error is to go into the Silence and know the Truth. As all mind is one mind, you can do this for yourself or anyone else. If you have learned to form mental images of the conditions desired, this will be the easiest and quickest way to secure results; if not, results can be accomplished by argument, by the process of convincing yourself absolutely of the truth of your statement.
We also use the Silence to “know the Truth.”
We use the Silence to clear our thoughts (as we’ve been taught and as we’ve exercised) and escape from the world of shadows and shibboleths. We then see things as they are — as they truly are.
We begin to perceive the Truth.
“The Truth shall set you free” is the saying.
It also works.
19. Truth is not the result of logical training or of experimentation, or even of observation; it is the product of a developed Consciousness. Truth within a Caesar manifests in a Caesar’s deportment, in his life, and in his action; his influence upon social forms and progress. Your life and your actions and your influence in the world will depend upon the degree of truth which you are enabled to perceive, for truth will not manifest in creeds, but in conduct.
Truth will manifest itself in your conduct — in what you do!
These actions will yield results — what you want.
It’s not an easy journey. We’ll be assaulted by false thoughts, distractions, daydreams, and quick fixes. If you persevere, though, you will find the Truth and therefore your greatness.
22. It is this truth which makes you “free” and it is the conscious knowledge of this truth which will enable you to overcome every difficulty.
23. The conditions with which you meet in the world without are invariably the result of the conditions obtaining in the world within, therefore it follows with scientific accuracy that by holding the perfect ideal in mind you can bring about ideal conditions in your environment.
It all begins with our thoughts — the “world within.”
This is our guide. This brings us “our own.”
24. If you see only the incomplete, the imperfect, the relative, and the limited, then these conditions will manifest in your life; but if you train your mind to see and realize the spiritual ego, the “I” which is forever perfect and complete, then harmonious, wholesome, and healthful conditions only will be manifested.
Remember that this is not daydreaming! This is not fantasizing about things that will probably never be.
This is about seeing — realizing — the “spiritual ego,” that which is truly you. It’s not a made-up character nor a hapless wish. It’s you and who you are supposed to be.
Once Again, the Master Key Is You!
Let’s see point #28.
28. Men have, heretofore, generally used the word “God” to indicate this Universal, creative principle; but the word “God” does not convey the right meaning. Most people understand this word to mean something outside of themselves; while exactly the contrary is the fact. It is our very life. Without it we would be dead. We would cease to exist. The minute the spirit leaves the body, we are as nothing. Therefore, spirit is really all there is of us.
Far too often people are looking for something outside themselves that will get them what they want.
All the answers are within.
The Master Key is within.
It is you!
You’re not separate from things. You are a part of them. When you realize that — truly realize that! — you will be two steps closer to actualizing your potential.
Life and attaining that which you want isn’t about waiting for “gifts” or wishing for things to “manifest.”
It’s about using the gifts that you have and attaining for yourself the things that you want.
Why set shackle yourself to the capricious wings of fate when you have the rock-solid knowledge of your thoughts and your ideas and, in total, yourself?
The Exercise for Week 24
Although this is the last Week of The Master Key System, we still have an exercise.
31. This week, try to realize that this is truly a wonderful world in which we live, that you are a wonderful being, that many are awakening to a knowledge of the Truth, and as fast as they awake and come into a knowledge of the “things which have been prepared for them” they, too, realize that “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man,” the splendors which exist for those who find themselves in the Promised Land. They have crossed the river of judgment and have arrived at the point of discrimination between the true and the false, and have found that all they ever willed or dreamed was but a faint concept of the dazzling reality.
We do live in a wonderful world.
You truly are a wonderful being.
Realize those things. Truly realize them.
“Know thyself” and inherit all that should be — and could be — yours.
It’s there to be had.
Reach for it!
Get for yourself the best of everything…